QED Actuaries & Consultants
QED has been providing actuarial, risk management and analytical solutions in Mauritius and the broader African continent for over 30 years. QED have a team of 15 staff in Mauritius and globally over 100 staff, including 20 qualified actuaries based in Mauritius, South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria. The company is one of the largest independent actuarial service providers in Africa and trusted advisor to over 160 clients.
- Full spectrum of actuarial consulting services to Life Insurers, General Insurers, Reinsurers and Funeral Schemes Managers including financial (including IFS17) and statutory reporting, product pricing and reviews, reinsurance optimisation, Asset Liability Matching, ORSA, FCR, experience reviews, due diligence, business plans.
- Actuarial and advisory services to retirement funds and their sponsoring employers, including actuarial valuations and projections, Asset Liability Matching, risk management and benefit consulting.
- Data Science solutions applying advanced methodologies using available data to make inferences and predictions. We enable our clients to improve profitability, growth and/or efficiency by applying Data Science in quantitative risk management, fraud risk modelling, pricing, marketing modelling, decision modelling, time series analysis, and forecasting amongst others.
- IFRS9 consulting and other advisory consulting to Banks and other lenders.
- People Analytics where QED help Companies organise and analyse their HR/people data across the entire employee Lifecycle to help make better business decisions. This includes assistance with technology, such as cloud-based HR information systems, payroll systems, dashboards and reporting, and cutting-edge AI tools.
- Actuarial software and related training and support.