Mauritius Qualifications Authority
Address: Mauritius Qualifications Authority, Pont Fer, Phoenix, 73544
Tel: (230) 686 1400 – Fax: (230) 686 1441
Chairperson, MQA Board
Mrs Sharmila KOWLESSUR
Dr Robin Krishnaduth PHOOLCHUND
Valued Qualifications for Employability & Lifelong Learning.
To continuously enhance good practices & relevant expertise to safeguard public interest in
quality education & training.
1. To develop, implement and maintain a National Qualifications Framework;
2. To ensure compliance with provisions for registration and accreditation in the Mauritius
Qualifications Authority Act;
3. To ensure that standards and registered qualifications are internationally comparable.
• Development of Unit Standards and Qualifications on the National Qualifications Framework;
• Registration of Training Institutions;
• Accreditation of award courses;
• Grant recognition and/or establish equivalence of qualifications in the Technical and Vocational
Education and Training sector;
• Recognise and validate competencies for purposes of certification obtained outside the
formal education and training systems;
• Establish and maintain learning accounts and databases for Technical and Vocational Education & Training (TVET) sector.