Education & Career : British Council
Founded in 1934, the British Council builds connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and other countries through arts and culture, education and the English language. Since 1950, the British Council in Mauritius works in Higher Education in a number of ways:
• Supporting and encouraging links and partnerships between UK and Mauritian universities and academics.
• Providing support to and making connections for UK universities keen to work in Mauritius.
• Engaging with UK Alumni and building networks through the Study UK Alumni Awards.
• Delivering science promotion activities, including FameLab – the science communication competition aimed at supporting Mauritius to develop its science and research capabilities. In addition, Future News Worldwide – a journalism competition for undergraduate and postgraduate students.
• Supporting the Ministry of Education with Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET)
The British Council also offers the following services:
• Face-to-face and online English language and Professional Skills courses for university students, young professionals and corporates.
• Paper-based and computer-based IELTS and other English language tests, along with courses and resources to boost test scores.
•Academic exams for UK universities and other Higher Education institutions.